Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Terrible Criteria

Well, I planned on writing a little introduction and stuff, but that hasn't happened yet.  I sort through stuff in my head first before I write and usually I never get around to writing down in person.  I have essays in my brain though!  (Seriously, I can remember several pages of an essay I wrote on Walden from high school.)  (But I can't remember where I put the thermometer and medicine after the last child was sick, much to my husband's dismay).

As of right this second, I have 1,411 photos on my phone.  Mostly of my children.  Some of flowers and plants (Bug and I are doing a plant growing experiment).  Over one thousand photos.  My old phone only held 100, so I was pretty picky about taking photos, but now I just snap away.  I'm sure its not the greatest number of photos anyone has on their phone (or of their kids), but that's still crazy to me.  And that doesn't count the photos I have on either of the other two cameras we have.  I have maybe 200 or so of my phone photos backed up.  Gotta get on that.

I started Instagramming last week and after taking some cute photos of my Squish yesterday I wanted to Instagram one last night.  I started to go through my snaps and there were THIRTY SEVEN pictures of perhaps five minutes of time we were hanging out on my bed.  Over half of them are blurry.  While figuring out which ones to delete I realized what my photo deletion criteria is.  It is NOT whether I have ten shots with miniscule differences.  It is NOT, is this shot blurry?  My criteria is, if I were abducted and these were the last pictures I ever had to look at of my children until my phone battery died, would I want to look at this picture.  And the answer is always yes.  That is TERRIBLE criteria!  That is how you end up with fourteen hundred (mostly blurry) pictures on your phone that is less than a year old.  And who abducts a yoga-pantsed, pony-tailed mom anyway?  AND and, I should be using that phone battery to call for help!

How many pictures do you have on your phone?  How do you decide which ones to keep?  What would you do if you were abducted?

No comments:

Post a Comment