Monday, September 24, 2012

I've Got One Hand in Many Pockets

Just a quick question for anyone who is the main laundry do-er in their house.  Just how much responsibility falls on the laundry do-er to check pockets?  So, just askin', if your spouse/partner/roommate/family regularly wears cargo pants x several pairs of pants per load that is a lot of damn pockets.  Just sayin'.  Maybe you should check your own pockets before you take the pants off.  Some people are focusing their laundry energy on not washing crayons, tissues and/or wayward children.



P.S. - Ok, I know this is a lame post back after disappearing for six weeks, but dipping the toes in, we'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. I started emptying my own pockets before dropping the clothes into the laundry bin when I was in college. Now that I'm managing the laundry for 2 adults and a child, I forget to always check pockets before throwing laundry into the machine. As I am often the one to disrobe the little squirt, I know that focus on pockets in that moment is, well ... unrealistic. Totally different story for the other adult in the family.

    So ... I think it is on the laundry-doer to check (or double check) before starting the suds, but certainly should expect some help from people who know better.

    ReplyDelete