Thursday, May 3, 2012

Why watching Doomsday Preppers is a bad idea

First, a random for you.  When my blog loads (remember, I am VERY NEW at this) the title text pops up in Comic Sans before it switches to whatever the name is of the other font I picked.  I always feel a wave of nausea and my heart race for a second.  I am not a Comic Sans fan and would never choose it, so this makes me sad.

Ok, on to other topics.  Has anyone seen the show Doomsday Preppers?  My husband just started putting it on the DVR and I occasionally watch it with him.  I've also seen a few episodes of Extreme Couponing.  Here is my issue.  I am not-so-good in stressful situations.  I mean, I can handle a burst pipe, or running out of diapers, or even calling 911 and starting CPR if someone falls down clutching their chest.  But continually struggling for food, water, safety, sleep, etc would not be something I was good at.  So, as morbid as this sounds, if an apocalyptic event happens, I kinda hope I am in the first wave of people who don't make it.  My husband could make it.  At least for awhile.  So he just keeps putting in requests to buy weaponry, which I refuse with small children in the house.  My other problem with DP and ExCou (haha, just made that up) is that we have suddenly, with two small children, starting going through multiple gallons of milk in a week.  So now I have this urge to keep an unopened gallon in the fridge at all times.  And if I crack open my back-up gallon, all I can think of is, "when is the next time I can get to the grocery store?" or "is it worth another twenty minutes of this afternoon-time-waiting-for-daddy-crazy-child-wrangling to send him to the store before he comes home from work?"  I don't know what I think is going to happen if we actually run out of milk. It is now seeping into other areas.  Toothpaste.  Dental floss.  Peanut butter pretzels.  Logical, I am not.

How long would you survive in a zombie attack?  Do you run out of milk on a weekly basis?  Have you ever bought 40 bottles of hot sauce?

No comments:

Post a Comment