Monday, July 2, 2012

Rhetorical Questions - Road Trip Edition

The girls and I went to stay in my hometown for a week while my husband was at a conference.  I'm sure I will have lots of funnies to share with you from that experience, but for now, I leave you with some rhetorical questions about road trips.

1.  Why haven't we built a separate interstate system for big trucks by now?  Go ahead, raise my taxes!
2.  Who in their right mind would give a child a kazoo to play with in a busy restaurant?
3.  Who in their right mind would ask to hold a stranger's baby in the bathroom?
4.  What are the odds that the only ten minutes of the trip that the children are asleep at the same time is when my pee meter is on 9.5 and we have one gallon of gas left?
5.   Dear XM/Sirius 90's on 9 - I lived through 1997 and remember some rockin' hits.  Blackstreet, Biggie, Monica, Jewel, Third Eye Blind, Usher.  So let's lay off the Candle in the Wind, Duncan Sheik, Hanson, Spice Girls, Freaknasty and for god's sake, if I never hear Tubthumping again it will be too soon, ok? 
6.  If you have a kids' menu, you should have a changing station in the bathroom.  Or at least a flat surface that isn't the floor.  Oh wait, those last two weren't questions?  Bite me.

On a slightly related note, Bug's favorite thing to eat at the Cracker Barrel is...the crackers.  Ironic?  Doncha think?


No comments:

Post a Comment